WASHINGTON, Oct. 19, 2017 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- SCORE, the nation's largest network of volunteer, expert business mentors, has published an infographic outlining the powerful impact of video marketing on small business sales. Businesses are creating cost-effective promotional videos in a range of categories, including explainers, product demos and testimonials, and these videos are performing well with customers on small business websites and social media pages.
Videos resonate with consumers:
- 71% of consumers made a purchase after watching an online video about local products and services, according to one survey.
- Four times as many consumers would rather watch a video about a product than read about it.
Videos boost marketing ROI:
- Including videos in email marketing increases click-through rates by 96%.
- Videos improve Search Engine Optimization rankings. Videos are 50 times more likely to land on the first page of Google search results compared to text-based content.
- 87% of survey respondents had a positive ROI with digital video.
Successful videos can be produced on small business budgets:
- The greatest number of videos (16 per month) were produced by companies in the lowest revenue bracket (less than $5 million).
Shorter videos perform better:
- Videos shorter than 90 seconds keep 53% of viewers watching until the end, compared to videos longer than 30 minutes, which retain only 10% of viewers.
Download the infographic for more statistics on successful video marketing strategies for small businesses.